Thursday, January 15, 2009

Today was I found out that a man I used to work with had an aneurysm and died about a year ago. It is a bit of a shock and not so shocking at the same time. He was relatively young, in his fifties, but he smoked, drank coffee, and was a type "A" personality type. I liked the grouchy old man.
I just found out that the boys do not have school in the morning and they have Monday and Tuesday off. That makes 5 days off in a row. A mini vaction of sorts. I might need a higher does of my meds by the beginning of next week.
Surprisingly I already have comments and a follower of my blog. I did not think anybody would read this thing. Also I got more clicks on the Google Ads which is cool.
I do not garden organically. I use a little bit of nonorganic fertilizer in the garden, but for the most part I try to avoid them. I plan on growing the following: potatoes, tomatoes, peppers hot and sweet, cucumbers, carrots, onions, multiple herbs, radishes, turnips, and broccoli. Well thats it for now.

2 comments:

  1. i have lemon balm if you want some, but it'll take over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do corn, tomatoes, peppers, green beans, raspberries, and sometimes cucumbers. I find that things like onion and garlic aren't very cost effective, as they are generally very cheap to buy. I do garden organically (I usually fertilize with compost or the heads of fish I have caught), but the weeding gets to be ridiculous at times.

    ReplyDelete